Friday, Dec. 9th – 6 PM – Holiday Party & Silent Auction
Always a good time, our holiday party with silent auction will be held at the Squalicum Yacht Club House, 2633 South Harbor Loop, Bellingham [map]. Potluck with turkey and ham provided.
We’ll host our beloved holiday silent auction to help raise funds for the kayaking club. Many local businesses very generously donate to help promote safe kayaking. There will also be a short business meeting with election of officers for the coming year.
- The NEXT regular monthly meeting is Tues, Jan. 17th, 2017.
- Speaker: Don Cheyette (Seattle Adventure Sports)
- Topic: Expeditioning Made Easy
Join Don Cheyette of Seattle Adventure Sports for a humorous talk on how to make your next expedition effortless. From preplanning to the actual expedition, and post-trip preparations for your next trip, we’ll take the work out of prepping for adventure.
- Time: 6:30 PM Social, 7 PM Meeting Starts.
- Location: The downtown Bellingham Library, lower level. [Map]
WAKE (Whatcom Association of Kayak Enthusiasts) is a non-profit, social kayaking organization based in Bellingham, WA. We encourage any adult who wants to paddle in the many areas of the Pacific Northwest to visit us. Our focus is sea kayaking, however, we do have many whitewater kayakers as members. Because paddling conditions in the Pacific Northwest are typically cold and fickle, WAKE emphasizes safety in all sponsored events: trainings, occasional day paddles and trips, annual events and monthly meetings with speakers addressing all aspects of paddling.
- WHEN: We meet the third Tuesday of the month, September through June. Meeting dates/topics are posted on the website home page and calendar, and announced in the newsletter. (No club meetings during July & August. The Annual Holiday Party serves as the December meeting.)
- WHERE: The downtown Bellingham Library, lower level. [Map]
- WHO: The public is welcome to attend WAKE meetings. Feel free to visit and check out our schedule of events.
Membership is $25 per individual/$40 per household. Fees help pay for WAKE trainings, events, meeting room rental, website, newsletter software and insurance. To find out more, visit our Membership page.
Events and Trips
Day paddles, trips, and the WAKE Symposium are members-only events. Participants must have a signed liability release form on file prior to participation. Visit our Calendar for event listings and details.