Speaker: Body Boat Blade kayaking school presents The Hows & Whys of Off Season Paddling.
- Bellingham Library Downtown, 210 Central Ave.
- 7pm Doors Open. Refreshments, Library materials available to check out.
- 7:30 pm Presentation begins.
WAKE (Whatcom Association of Kayak Enthusiasts) is a non-profit, social kayaking organization based in Bellingham, WA. We welcome any adult who wants to paddle in the many areas of the Pacific Northwest. Our focus is sea kayaking, however, we do have many whitewater kayakers as members. Because paddling conditions in the Pacific Northwest are typically cold and fickle, WAKE emphasizes safety in all sponsored events: trainings, occasional day paddles and trips, annual events and monthly meetings with speakers addressing all aspects of paddling.
- WHEN: We usually meet every third Tuesday of the month, September through June unless otherwise announced in the newsletter and event calendar.
(No club meetings during July & August. Holiday Party is the December meeting)
7:00 pm: Social Time
7:30 pm: Meeting Begins
- WHERE: The downtown Bellingham Library, lower level. [Map]
- WHO: The public is welcome to attend WAKE meetings. Feel free to visit and check out our schedule of events.
Membership is $25 per individual/$40 per household. Fees help pay for WAKE trainings, events, meeting room rental, website, newsletter software and insurance. To find out more, visit our Membership page.