Next meeting: Tuesday, Feb. 16th – THIS MEETING ONLY – FAIRHAVEN LIBRARY!!!
- Speaker: Teresa Flodin, a new member to WAKE, who recently attained her BCU 4 Star Leadership at Sea Award
- Topic: Practical Kayak Trip Planning with Logistics. Learn about the 50/90 rule and be prepared to participate in a trip planning exercise–bring charts of Lummi Island if you have one.)
- Time: 6:30 PM Social, 7 PM Meeting Starts
- Location: February only – Fireplace Room, Fairhaven Library Branch
- WELCOME! The general public is welcome to attend club meetings. WAKE (Whatcom Association of Kayak Enthusiasts) is a non-profit, social kayaking organization based in Bellingham, WA. We welcome any adult who wants to paddle in the many areas of the Pacific Northwest. Our focus is sea kayaking, however, we do have many whitewater kayakers as members. Because paddling conditions in the Pacific Northwest are typically cold and fickle, WAKE emphasizes safety in all sponsored events: trainings, occasional day paddles and trips, annual events and monthly meetings with speakers addressing all aspects of paddling.
- WHEN: We meet the third Tuesday of the month, September through June. Meeting dates/topics are posted on the website home page and calendar, and announced in the newsletter.
(No club meetings during July & August. Holiday Party is the December meeting)
6:30 pm: Social Time
7:00 pm: Meeting Begins
- WHERE: The downtown Bellingham Library, lower level. [Map]
- WHO: The public is welcome to attend WAKE meetings. Feel free to visit and check out our schedule of events.
Membership is $25 per individual/$40 per household. Fees help pay for WAKE trainings, events, meeting room rental, website, newsletter software and insurance. To find out more, visit our Membership page.