Next meeting: Tuesday, May 17th
- Speaker: Jessyca Arthur-Cameselle, EdD, CC-AASP
- Topic: Sports/Performance Psychology, with a mind exercise to augment kayaking performance. She will also let us know what the Center for Performance Excellence at WWU has to offer.
- Second Presenter: Elizabeth Kilanowski
- Topic: Lummi Island Heritage Trust, with regard to the recent acquisition of the quarry site, restoration plans, etc., for public use.
- Time: 6:30 PM Social, 7 PM Meeting Starts
- Location: The downtown Bellingham Library, lower level. [Map]
- WELCOME! The general public is welcome to attend club meetings. WAKE (Whatcom Association of Kayak Enthusiasts) is a non-profit, social kayaking organization based in Bellingham, WA. We welcome any adult who wants to paddle in the many areas of the Pacific Northwest. Our focus is sea kayaking, however, we do have many whitewater kayakers as members. Because paddling conditions in the Pacific Northwest are typically cold and fickle, WAKE emphasizes safety in all sponsored events: trainings, occasional day paddles and trips, annual events and monthly meetings with speakers addressing all aspects of paddling.
- WHEN: We meet the third Tuesday of the month, September through June. Meeting dates/topics are posted on the website home page and calendar, and announced in the newsletter.
(No club meetings during July & August. Holiday Party is the December meeting)
WHERE: The downtown Bellingham Library, lower level. [Map]
- WHO: The public is welcome to attend WAKE meetings. Feel free to visit and check out our schedule of events.
Membership is $25 per individual/$40 per household. Fees help pay for WAKE trainings, events, meeting room rental, website, newsletter software and insurance. To find out more, visit our Membership page.
Events and Trips
Day paddles, trips, and the WAKE Symposium are members-only events. Participants must have a signed liability release form on file prior to participation. Visit our Calendar for event listings and details.